Following updates to the Small Business Server Exchange 2010 remote users will report that they get a “Blank Screen” when trying to access the remote OWA page. The actual error when looking at the URL is https://mail.yourcompanydomainname.com/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://mail.msexchangeblog.nl/owa/&reason=0
1 Remotely Logon to Server using administrative privileges.
2 Ensure the “MSExchangeFBA” service is running
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- In the Services window, locate the Microsoft Exchange Forms-Based Authentication service in the details pane.
- Right-click the service, and then click Start.
If this service is not running, and you perform the below steps, you will not affect anything.
3 Run Exchange Management Shell (as Administrator)
7d8a0258daac9a76b64001c9cc92e89bc36d12f70f6212e306ee147148a05555 exchange management shell
Find Exchange Management Shell program, then right click on it and Run As Administrator – This is IMPORTANT. Click Yes to agree running as administrator when pop-up appears. The console will perform its own initialisation, a Welcome Screen will appear and then you will be dropped to a DOS Prompt (c:\Windows\system32)
4 Run Script Fix
At flashing cursor, type the following commands
If you are using Exchange 2010
CD “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin” and then press
Subdirectory will change to the above.
updatecas.ps1, then press
If you are using Exchange 2007
- CD “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Bin” and then press
- Subdirectory will change to the above
- UpdateOwa.ps1, and then press
If you are using Exchange 2013
- CD “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin” and then press
- Subdirectory will change to the above.
- Updatecas.ps1, then press
The script will perform a number of different commands, and then simply complete by dropping you back to the DOS prompt Type EXIT to close the Shell window
You now now retry the Outlook Web App (/OWA) for the relevant customer again, and you should now receive the correct Login Page
If you are still having trouble, give us a call at (800) 283-2648 and we can help you resolve this and many other issues.