Hurricane Florence is looking like a potential significant impact to our region. As our team prepares for what this storm may bring, here are some last minute tips to help you and your employees be ready:
- Communicate emergency plans to employees, including what IT services may be temporarily suspended.
- Share key employee contact information.
- Keep ALI’s support line handy (800) 283-2648. Those of you with support agreements, you have access to place calls around the clock. Our entire team will be on call throughout the weekend.
- Shut down un-needed servers & services so your power backup will last longer.
- Unplug unnecessary equipment to prevent damage from brown-out, power fluctuations, and surges.
- Make sure all equipment (including UPS) are off the floor and away from areas where water may get in. This includes PCs, monitors, and powerstrips.
- Have employees check VPN client logins and credentials to be ready to work remotely.
- Remind employees how to check web email access in the event that their local account is not accessible.
- For our Cisco clients, check your Jabber or Webex Call [soft phone client] so employees are ready to make & receive phone calls while working remotely.
- Back up critical data on PCs and notebooks that may not normally be backed up. Store a copy in the cloud, if possible, or at a secure offsite location.
On a lighter note, you may want to go ahead and clean out the office fridge in case of extended power outage!
We hope the storm track changes and the impact is not as bad as the models show, but in any case, our entire team will be on call through the weekend – ready to help with any problems post-storm.
The entire team at Advanced Logic Industries