Contributed by Brian Ogden
The Verizon Droid 3 phone is not supported by Novell Data Synchronizer due to the change in the phone software.
When you setup an account on the device, the certificate setting isn't visible on the initial screen. However, "Use a secure connection" and "Verify Certificate" is automatically enabled. Since we always use a self-signed certificate, this cert is not part of the trusted authority on the device. If you use the workaround below, you can setup an account that works, then uncheck verify certificates and switch to the config of the customer Novell Data Synchronizer.
Here is a workaround:
- Set-up a corp-sync or Exchange Activesync account
- Use your google account to create a corporate sync account . The prompt for server name should be “m.google.com” and the prompt for user name is your gmail address (the entire email address, not simply the first half/user part). So, as an example:
- Server: m.google.com
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the account is created, go into settings -> accounts and select the EAS account created
- In the first screen, un-check the option "Verify Certificate"
- Change the credentials to the account needed
If you find you need more assistance with this issue, please don't hesitate to contact us!
ALI Technical Assistance Center