A quick note to advise that scammers are continuing to try to use UPS and FexEx as avenues for scams and viruses. For awhile it was virus-infected attachments that claimed to be invoices or delivery notices. These are scannable and filterable, so they have changed tactics.
Executive and Technical Blogs
Kirk Koenigsbauer corporate Vice President for the Microsoft Office Division has announced the coding completion of Office 2013 on his blog. The new office has been made available to manufactures and they are now focused on general release. Koenigsbaur revealed general availability between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
If you find Windows7 workstations not mapping all the network drives on login, here's some help:
Please note that in a recent update published by Novell, they have opted to lengthen Extended Support for Novell NetWare 6.5 and Novell ZENworks 7 Suite by a year, to 30 September 2013. In addition, Novell BorderManager and Novell GroupWise 8 are extending General Support, and will be supported on NetWare 6.5 for the same time period.
Product Previous Support End Date New Support End Date
- NetWare 6.5 30 Sept 2012 (Extended Support) 30 Sept 2013 (Extended Support)
- ZENworks 7 30 Sept 2012 (Extended Support 30 Sept 2013 (Extended Support)
- GroupWise 8 1 May 2013 (General Support) 30 Sept 2013 (General Support)
- BorderManager 3.9 30 Sept 2012 (General Support) 30 Sept 2013 (General Support)
For the best value, Novell encourages upgrades to the latest release of Novell Open Enterprise Server and Novell ZENworks Configuraiton Management, but is offering Extended Support on these older releases to provide more deployment time for customers who need it.
The Extended Support phase of Novell's Product Support Lifecycle offers installation and configuration technical support and critical security fixes for customers with current maintenance on the replacement products - in this case Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 and Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 11.
Free Unlimited Extended Support on ZENworks 7 Suite
Current Novell Open Enterprise Server maintenance customers already realize free, unlimited 12x5 technical support during the Extended Support phase for NetWare. Effective 1 January 2012, Novell is offering this same free, unilmited 12x5 technical support benefit on ZENworks 7 Suite for all customers with current maintenance on Novell's ZENworks Configuration Management.
- Novell NetWare 6.5 and Novell ZENworks 7 Suite Extended Support brings the following benefits through 30 September 2013:
- Continue to receive installation support while you plan and execute your upgrade from NetWare 6.5 to Open Enterprise Server on Linux, and from ZENworks 7 Suite to ZENworks 11
- Receive unlimited service requests 12 hours a day, 5 days a week from a Novell technical support engineer
Customers who are not current with maintenance may purchase Standard or Priority maintenance for licensed users and take advantage of Extended Support on ZENworks 7 Suite or NetWare 6.5 for free.
For further information
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)